Friday, May 21, 2010

A trio of Blue Druzy Quartz Crystal Necklaces

Late last year I picked up a strand of Blue Druzy Quartz briolette-style pendants from a local bead store in Watervliet called Tradewind Beads. I purchase most of my gemstones from trade shows, but when I saw these beauties, I had to get them because of their luminous blue and white coloring, and twinkling crystalline structure. They are unusual. I have seen a fair amount of white Druzy quartz, but not in blue.


These are the first series of pieces that I created out of this find - From left, counter-clockwise to right: 16" sterling chain with hand-worked clasp and pendant bail, 18" sterling chain with hand-worked clasp and pendant bail (both antiqued and buffed out), and an 18" doubled leather with handworked clasp and bail.


Blue druzy comes from Chrysocolla. Chrysocolla is associated with tranquility and peace, intuition, patience, and unconditional love. It is thought to offer gentle and soothing qualities. The Cluster formation of the quartz crystal can be used to bolster group energy, enhance harmony and peace in a group, and other social/business relationships.



The pieces certainly are lovely and soothing, even if one knows nothing about their intrinsic properties.

No comments: