Monday, May 31, 2010

Beach glass bracelet for the new college graduate


A customer commissioned a bracelet as a present for a young woman who will be graduating from college. She gave me her beach glass collection so that I could select pieces and design the piece. In addition to the beach glass, I knew that I wanted to incorporate a citrine crystal into the piece (2nd from right) as it promotes success, prosperity, and abundance to the wearer. This was a fitting energy for a young woman as she makes the transition from the world of academia to whatever may lay ahead.

I decided on a charm style bracelet which would highlight the unique components, textures and colors of each piece that was attached to the chain. As I was sifting through the basket of beach glass, the stone in the middle caught my attention right away. It is an unique piece and has great texture. Then as I selected the pieces of beach glass, I found the crinoid (to the right of the stone) which is a great lake find. My final flash of inspiration was to incorporate a penny into the piece, which played off the meaning of the citrine crystal. To really personalize the piece, I had the giver of the piece find out the recipient's birth year and so the penny was selected accordingly.


Each piece was drilled and I attached each securely to the sterling chain of the bracelet. It has a solid, easy to use sterling lobster claw clasp. It a very unique, personalized piece for the young woman who will be receiving it.

No comments: