Monday, December 20, 2010

Herringbone designs in sterling


Much of my recent work has utilized a herringbone weave. Here are a couple examples. In the above picture, I have created a simple frame for a lovely iolite gemstone. Iolite, per http://crystalsandjewelry.com, is said to bring clear psychic vision and enhance curiosity. It is also an excellent stone for meditation and astral travel. It helps one grow spiritually in a gentle fashion. Iolite is considered a very strong "Shaman" stone, and can stimulate visions. It can be very helpful when dealing with addictions, including alcoholism. Additionally, iolite is also said to help build relationships of all kinds.


I also created several different earrings in the this design. In the above picture I used rough sapphire gemstones. These are a blue-grey color; I also created a pair from purple rough sapphire. Sapphire is a stone of creative expression, intuition, and meditation, and enhances all those things.

I certainly have felt like my creative expression has been enhanced!

No comments: