Saturday, October 30, 2010

Turquoise Treasure on Leather


My friend gave me a bead that she got from a music festival over the summer and asked me to do something with it. I revisited the wrapped wire frame design that has figured prominently in my previous work.


I created seven loops to attach the spike details. All of the wire and findings are sterling silver. I really rather like this side of the piece as one can see the carved detail of the bead more clearly as it is not obscured by the coloring of the stone.


I opted to use a graceful "S" clasp design to add more interest to the back. I can't wait for her to see what I have done with her bead!

2 comments:

Brenda Schweder said...

Nice work, Cheri! First piece out of your new digs? Jealous I am! ;)
-b.

Cheri Lesauskis said...

Yeah, one of the first. I am trying to clear out commissions and repairs on a priority basis, before I really dig into production and holiday work.